Minnesota summer camp for gay christians

The Naming Project Summer Camp aims to teach its young charges that their sexuality and their faith need not contradict each other -- that openly gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people are as deserving and capable of spiritual fulfillment as anyone.

Here on a wooded island in the middle of a serene northern Minnesota lake, these GLBT teenagers were attending a Bible camp that may be the only one of its kind in the world.

"I wish I could have found a camp like this when I was younger," said Justin Ward, a counselor and a seminary student in New York City. "I think of all the pain it could have spared me just to know there is a place like this."

"I spent so many nights lying on my bedroom floor, crying," Ward said. "I'd beg God to change me into the person I thought other people wanted me to be."

http://wcco.com/local/local_story_245114040.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DADT: URGENT - ACT NOW - Contact Your Senator(s)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)