Religion conflicts gays and causes religious abandonment

I found a coming out story online from a 19 year old.

I'll warn you now, he didn't proof read his writing. But the issues and points are still valid.

So I'm starting to feel good about my sexuality, when I begin to feel
pressure from my church. I should first state that I was forced to go to church
every Sunday since freshmen year. Its a really fundamentalist church. No gay
allowed. Its seems like every time there was a sermon it was about gay. "Gay to
Hell" sermons. I felt like I was being pushed back into the closet. I becoming
depressed. Suicidial even. Then two weeks ago I decided that I just could not go
any more. And I'm feeling happier than even.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DADT: URGENT - ACT NOW - Contact Your Senator(s)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)