Why?

I wake up, brew some coffee and jump in front of the computer. Asking myself what happened while I was asleep? Who felt the sting of discrimination today? Hope no one got killed or bashed!

I receive email notification of news articles based on key words I select. Some of my words are “hate crime”, faggot, queer, homosexual, bashing, “hate speech” and many more. You get the idea.

Being a United States citizen and a gay man I have a focus that I call equality. I shine the spotlight on news contrary to my focus. By the way, I do this on my own and in hopes people will open their eyes and see what is happening.

I see so much hate and sadly, much of it from religion.

I wish more people would remember history and historical facts.

The religious based hatred, persecution and wars have gone on far to long.

Pilgrims who formed these United States of America were called Separatists in England because they wanted independence from the established Church of England.

Our country was the first country in the world to have a written constitution, which provides freedom of religion:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The First Amendment contains two clauses about the Freedom of Religion. The first part is known as the Establishment Clause, and the second as the Free Exercise Clause.

The Establishment Clause prohibits the government from passing laws that will establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. The courts have interpreted the establishment clause to accomplish the separation of church and state.

The Free Exercise Clause prohibits the government from interfering with a person’s practice of his or her religion. However, religious actions and rituals can be limited by civil and federal laws.

Let us all hope the distance of separation between church and state increases.

Religion has caused enough damage to humanity.

Why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DADT: URGENT - ACT NOW - Contact Your Senator(s)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)