"Freedom from Homosexuality"

By Vivian T. Le

On Monday, I walk onto my college campus and there was a booth set up with a large sign saying, "Freedom from Homosexuality" on it.

I cannot even begin to tell you the anger I felt just from having read that sign. I took two pamphlets and took note of a meeting that was to be held on Thursday (today).

Me and my lovely gay friend, Lawrence, went to the meeting. The Christian group were a lot of "ex-gays" that were 'saved' from homosexuality. They were there to give personal testimony at the meeting and tell their stories and whatnots.

First, an ex-gay male spoke. He talked about how when he was growing up, he had a very unloving father, so he gravitated toward loving males, sexually. He grew up in a church and, of course, they were disapproving of his 'lifestyle' so he broke away from it. He eventually did drugs and alcohol to 'numb' himself and wounded up in jail for eight years. He was released just last year, and while in jail, he founded God and was saved. He also found out that he was HIV positive while in jail, but he was cured by God (His HIV is non-progressive now).

He goes on to say something along the lines of , "I am not here to try to make you believe what I believe, I am just here to tell you my story and my beliefs. I found out, through the teachings of the bible and the word of God, that homosexuality was a choice. I know that God would not instill impure genes in me to damn me to hell, and that it was the work of Satan. Satan was the one that made my perception of homosexuality legitimate."

.... Yeah. When he said the whole "damn me to hell" bit, I was like, "Wow. Seriously?!"

So then, after him, a lady spoke.

She is an ex-lesbian. She had lived with her partner and admitted that she 'loved' her partner, but that their relationship was bad and wrong. She said she was bitter, and she was very condescending of both men and female. She found men to be arrogant and had all the advantages in life, while she found women to be weak. She said that one day, her and her girlfriend were having make-up sex when she suddenly heard a voice in her ear that said, "I love you, what are you doing?" And she believed that that was God's voice.

So eventually, she wanted change from her bitterness, from her bad relationship, so she founded God again and was then saved.

A girl in the audience raised her hand and asked an extremely strong question to the ex-lesbian lady. She said, "I'm sorry... but to me, it's like you walked away from yourself because of the guilt you felt. You left everything behind; you ran away from who you are. You said you loved your partner, what's wrong with loving someone of the same sex?"

Lawrence raised his hand and said, "You said that being homosexual because of genetics is not proven. But what about God?"

What about the homosexuals who are comfortable, happy, content, and confident with who they are and don't need nor seek change?

In my opinion, you're attracted to who you're attracted. Whether it be the same sex, the opposite, both, or neither.

full article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DADT: URGENT - ACT NOW - Contact Your Senator(s)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)