Religious hate trumps religious love

Where would you be without marriage?

Yes I’m talking to you heterosexuals!

My mother married my father. After 40 some year’s dad died. Dad was a military officer and mother was set for life.

So I asked mother one day, what if you hadn’t been allowed to marry? Where would you be today? Of course my question was preposterous.

What if you didn’t have any spousal rights, unable to get half of your husband’s retirement? The house would be taken away because you didn’t own any part of it since you couldn’t marry. You’d have no income and you’d be wondering what to do now!

Then I asked my brother, who is a house-husband where he would be if he wasn’t allowed to marry.

I tried to explain to him that he wouldn’t be able to feel secure that he “owned” half of everything because without marriage he would have nothing.

Many heterosexuals have told me they are rewarded for procreation.

Last time I looked no one needed a reward for procreation. It has it’s own rewards, immediate and long term.

But it doesn’t mean EVERYONE needs to procreate. Obviously there is no population shortage. On the contrary, the world is over populated.

As most of us know, the furor over gay marriage is mostly religious based and reminds me of a spoiled child who refuses to share their toys.

“It’s mine, it’s mine, don’t touch it!”

The last verses of the bible mention the crime, and punishment, for anyone who alters the bible. Since many of the religious folks claim the bible is the error free word of God and God knows all, I must ask why would he put such a warning in the bible?

It stands to reason he knew man would change the bible. So the question is, which parts have been changed?

Of course we have no way of knowing.

So it stands to reason, anyone who believes every word of the bible is a fool!

Many say the bible is about love. Then why do we hear so much hate from it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DADT: URGENT - ACT NOW - Contact Your Senator(s)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)