Same-sex couples also follow Jesus

I applaud Rev. Bruce McDaniel who wrote an opinion piece in the Toledo Blade regarding gay couples.

In his recent letter to the editor, the Rev. Russ Merrin stated that "churches promoting being open to gays have lost their way."

Today, there are a growing number of churches that have joined the "welcoming church" movement, and yet there are also churches that exclude persons who are in same-gender committed relationships. Pastors such as Mr. Merrin and I simply disagree on the question of whether or not being in a committed same-gender relationship is, in itself, sin. The church universal is also divided on this issue.

Mr. Merrin and I, like our country, are divided on the issue of GLBT persons, and whether they can be in committed same-gender relationships and living in God's way for them. I choose to stand with my courageous GLBT brothers and sisters who have chosen Jesus' way of love, even in the face of hate and persecution. I will take my chances on being judged, ultimately, by how I loved in this life.

The Rev. Bruce McDaniel

full article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DADT: URGENT - ACT NOW - Contact Your Senator(s)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)