Matthew and the Mega Church/preacher

I’ve met so many folks who tithe to a church weekly, even if they don’t regularly attend. Many of them feel this warrants a reserved seat in heaven. Even more interesting is the church will rarely say anything to these folks about attendance!

On the flip side of that coin, we have the mega churches and mega rich preachers, most of who became rich on tithes.

How many children grow up thinking: I want to be a preacher because I’ll be rich!

For any who actually read the bible, instead of simply listening to what others tell you, Matthew 19:23 talks about rich people and heaven.

Here are a few variations of the verse:

International Standard Version: Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you with certainty, it will be hard for a rich person to get into the kingdom of heaven.

New American Standard Bible: And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

GOD'S WORD® Translation: Jesus said to his disciples, "I can guarantee this truth: It will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven.

King James Bible: Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

American King James Version: Then said Jesus to his disciples, Truly I say to you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

American Standard Version: And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Bible in Basic English: And Jesus said to his disciples, Truly I say to you, It is hard for a man with much money to go into the kingdom of heaven.

Douay-Rheims Bible: Then Jesus said to his disciples: Amen, I say to you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Darby Bible Translation: And Jesus said to his disciples, Verily I say unto you, A rich man shall with difficulty enter into the kingdom of the heavens;

English Revised Version: And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Webster's Bible Translation: Then said Jesus to his disciples, Verily I say to you, that a rich man shall with difficulty enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Weymouth New Testament: So Jesus said to His disciples, "I solemnly tell you that it is with difficulty that a rich man will enter the Kingdom of the Heavens.

World English Bible: Jesus said to his disciples, "Most certainly I say to you, a rich man will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven with difficulty.

Young's Literal Translation: and Jesus said to his disciples, 'Verily I say to you, that hardly shall a rich man enter into the reign of the heavens;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DADT: URGENT - ACT NOW - Contact Your Senator(s)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)