Religious Superiority

As some of you may be aware, back in 2008, I started a Internet Radio Station called Gay Talk Radio. You might also be aware I have several blogs that I started a few years before Gay Talk Radio.

There was a time I was scheduling a guest for Gay Talk Radio. He was a young Gay Christian who had done much bible study involving translation issues in the ‘clobber verses’ (verses of the bible used to condemn homosexuality).

I contacted the young man, he checked his schedule and confirmed a date. Shortly before that date, after I had already been advertising the event, he contacted me, apologized and backed out.

In his defense the young man, I believe, was in seminary, so evidently he was a bit overwhelmed with his schedule.

However, he wanted to reschedule. Against my better judgment I agreed to a new date.

Shortly afterwards I started having second thoughts.

So I sent him an email explaining that, through the years, I have learned to listen to my instincts. I added, my instincts are telling me to cancel the interview. Therefore, the interview is canceled.

His response was a bit surprising. He told me, in not so many words, that basing decisions on instincts seemed very lacking and, to him, was a not a good idea.

I don’t think I responded because I knew, at that point, I had made the right decision.

The larger point I’m trying to make is the self-righteousness religion can impose on a person. This was a young man who had been religious the majority of his life. Furthermore he has devoted his life to religion.

I can respect his beliefs, it’s a shame he obviously can’t do the same!


www.GayTalkRadio.org a 24/7 LGBTQIA Licensed Independent Internet Radio Station. Visit, Listen, Support and become involved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Headlines: Separation of Church and State (T23R-2)

Man faces possible excommunication from LDS Church for supporting same sex marriage

Biblical clarification regarding homosexuality